Cinnamon, the desktop UI created by linuxmint team upon the gnome shell codebase is now 1.4. The good news is fedora is included the cinnamon 1.4 in its official repositories. So the installation of cinnamon desktop in fedora 17 is very easy now. Just open the terminal and type the commands below.
su yum update yum install cinnamon
If you are using yumex, the yum extender and an easier installation tool for yum. Just search cinnamon and tick for install then apply.
After the installation just reboot your system.
On the login prompt select the user then on the session menu select cinnamon.
Just login and feel cinnamon. The gnome 2 over gnome shell.
- Fedora 17 Post Installation Guide – Things to do after installing Fedora 17 (smashingweb.ge6.org)
- Upgrading the Family PC to Fedora 17, and Cinnamon (jebpages.com)
- Unity Desktop Available for Fedora (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Install MATE Desktop in Fedora 17 and Ubuntu 12.04 (smashingweb.info)
- Ubuntu Fedora Default Wallpapers Collection (smashingweb.info)
- Cinnamon Desktop Comes To Fedora 17 (phoronix.com)