SyncWall is a Wallpaper changer programme for Ubuntu with multi-monitor support. It was updated to verison 2.0 now. To install it on Ubuntu 14.04 the WebUpd8 PPA supported it. Now syncwall is available for all ubuntu versions.
Syncwall cannot download wallpapers automatically from various sources like flickr but it has lot of amazing features which are not present in other wallpaper changer apps. The main feature of syncwall is It can span a single wallpaper over multiple monitors. Also, SyncWall can synchronize the current wallpaper across a local network.
- rotate a set of wallpapers automatically / manually, Keyborad shortcuts are supported
- multi-monitor support – for instance, it can span a single wallpaper over multiple monitors;
- synchronize wallpaper between desktops;
- configurable wallpaper change interval / time of day;
- supports special effects for the wallpapers (blur, sharpen, desaturate, glow and so on);
- several resizing methods and background filling;
- available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X;
- should work with most Linux desktop environments: KDE 3/4, GNOME / GNOME 3 (includes Unity), Xfce, LXDE, Enlightenment, Openbox, Fluxbox, IceWM, Blackbox, WindowMaker and FVWM
SyncWall cannot support Cinnamon DE and MATE DE now. Waiting for new update of syncwall with these DE support.
SyncWall can automatically deted the DE. Sometimes it may fail, user can manually select the DE to fix this problem. Select the Desktop Environment in SyncWall pereferences on the startup tab. For Ubuntu Unity DE Select Gnome 3
To span a single wallpaper across multiple monitors, in SyncWall select Preferences > Display Parameters and on the “Basic” tab, check the “Multi monitor support” box, then in the “Multi monitor” display drop-down, select “Extend image (one file for all monitors)”:
Install SyncWall in Ubuntu
Ubuntu users can install SyncWall by using WebUpd8 PPA. Add the PPA and install SyncWall using the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install syncwall
If you don’t want to add the main WebUpd8 PPA, you can manually download the latest SyncWall 2.0.0 deb from HERE.
Arch Linux users can install the latest SyncWall via AUR.
For other Linux distributions, Windows and Mac OS X, see the SyncWall downloads page.