The next great Fedora 17 is releasing on end of May 2012. They slipped the schedule one more week for a last minute fix. So how to upgrade to Fedora 17. The method is very simple but dont forget to backup your existing system to an external hard drive or something before starting the upgrade.
you will ask for the root password.
Then enter the following commands
yum update rpm yum -y update
Clear the Yum Cache
yum clean all
yum install preupgrade preupgrade
IF you are on the complete version of Fedora with Server then go for this
After the upgrade finished, reboot the machine. It takes some time based on the speed of your internet connection. A standard distro comes with 600MB and server nearly 4GB. Make sure power is on for full time and internet is ok. If anything break there are chances for accidents.
- Upgrade to Fedora 17 from 16. (amit-agarwal.co.in)
- Fedora 17 before it is released (harishpillay.wordpress.com)
- f17 distro-sync gotchas (scrye.com)
- Upgrading Fedora using yum – FedoraProject (fedoraproject.org)
- Upgrade to Fedora 17 Beta (thefinalzone.net)