Ubuntu is packing a new set of fresh wallpapers with every ubuntu release. Ubuntu Wallpapers are selected from community submissions in the flickr group. Ubuntu 13.04 wallpapers submission is now open. The rules for submission is now changed.
Only one wallpaper can be submitted per person.
Only 10 images will be selected as winners to ship in Ubuntu 13.04.
The image is owned by the person who is submitting and it is released in CC-BY-SA license.
Rules for submission
- Don’t create busy images, or fill them with too many shapes and colors
- Use a single point of focus; a single area that draws the eye in
- Avoid having anything on the left and top edges as this will clash with Unity interface elements
- Test your image at different aspect ratios to make sure it ‘works’
Further composition guidelines can be found on the Ubuntu Wiki.
The last date for submission of a wallpaper is 8th March 2013 6PM GMT.
After that a judging panel will select 10 fresh Ubuntu wallpapers for next release. These are the supplemental wallpapers for ubuntu 13.04.
- One entry per user
- Entries should follow design guide
- Only 10 winners
- Enter via Flickr
- Image must be taken by self
- Images license needs to CC-BY-SA
- Deadline: 8th March 2013
If you are planning to participate the point your camera. Take your best picture. May be the world will use it as a wallpaper.
- Ubuntu 13.04 Wallpaper Contest Opens for Entries (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Ubuntu Classroom: Outlook Day 1 of Ubuntu Developer Week (ubuntuclassroom.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 301 (fridge.ubuntu.com)
- Ubuntu Live Wallpaper In Play Store (goandroid.co.in)
- War of the Worlds Wallpaper Gallery (motortrend.com)