Compiz Fusion is a great eyecandy for Ubuntu 10.04. It changes the visual appearance a lot. Using Keyboard shortcuts you will get great effects on Ubuntu 10.04.
Some of the following keyboard shortcuts will not work at all if Compiz (visual effects) if turned off.
Here is a list of Shortcuts for compiz Fusion on Ubuntu 10.04
- Ctrl + Alt + Left/Right/Up/Down arrow – move to the workspace in the given direction
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + Left/Right arrow – move the current window to the workspace in the given direction
- Super + E – “expo” effect, shows all workspaces (move windows with left mouse button, zoom to a workspace with right mouse button)
- Super + W – “scale” effect, shows all windows in current workspace (left click selects window, middle click closes window, right click zooms window)
- Super + A – “scale” effect, shows all windows
- Alt + F10 – toggle maximize current window
- Alt + F9 – minimize current window
- Ctrl + Alt + D – toggle show desktop
- Alt + Middle mouse button – resize window
- Alt + Left mouse button – move window
- Alt + Right mouse button – window menu
- Alt + F7 – move current window (without holding down mouse button)
- Alt + F8 – resize current window (without holding down mouse button)
- Alt + Tab – switch windows on current workspace
- Ctrl + Alt + Tab – switch windows on all workspaces
- Super + Mouse wheel scroll – zoom screen
- Super + Middle mouse button – draw rectangle to zoom to
- Super + N – invert colours of current window
- Super + M – invert colours of screen (Compiz is configured for this shortcut, but the messaging indicator seems to have taken it over so it doesn’t work)
Ubuntu Community Documentation has more on keyboard shortcuts (although some of it is outdated now for Ubuntu 10.04). You can view and change some shortcuts using System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts.