Paul Irish and Divya Manian released “HTML 5 Boilerplate”. A Great starting template for HTML 5 Websites or Applications.
According to Paul, himself:
Why Boiler Plate is Awesome?
- * Cross-browser compatible (IE6, yeah we got that.)
- * HTML5 ready. Use the new tags with certainty.
- * Optimal caching and compression rules for grade-A performance
- * Best practice site configuration defaults
- * Mobile browser optimizations
- * Progressive enhancement graceful degradation … yeah yeah we got that
- * IE specific classes for maximum cross-browser control
- * Handy .no-js and .js classes to style based on capability
- * Want to write unit tests but lazy? A full, hooked up test suite is waiting for you.
Why it is Awesome-er?
- * Console.log nerfing so you won’t break anyone by mistake.
- * Never go wrong with your doctype or markup!
- * An optimal print stylesheet, performance optimized
- * iOS, Android, Opera Mobile-adaptable markup and CSS skeleton.
- * IE6 pngfix baked in.
- * .clearfix, .visuallyhidden classes to style things wisely and accessibly.
- * .htaccess file that allows proper use of HTML5 features and faster page load
- * CDN hosted jQuery with local fallback failsafe.
- * Think there’s too much? The HTML5 Boilerplate is delete-key friendly. 🙂
The HTML5 Boilerplate can be downloaded from http://html5boilerplate.com/.