First make sure the following packages are installed in your Ubuntu. In most cases it is default.
Unplug all other USB devices from the system. Connect the tata photon plus (Huawei EC156) and see whether it is detected automatically in the network manager. In most cases it is not.Open the terminal and just fire an lsusb. You will get a Huawei EC 156 connected to your usb.
sudo gedit /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/12d1:1505
DefaultVendor= 0x12d1 DefaultProduct=0x1505 MessageContent="55534243123456780000000000000011062000000100000000000000000000"
sudo usb_modeswitch -I -W -c 12d1:1505
You will get the output as
Reading config file: 12d1:1505USB description data (for identification)
Manufacturer: HUA?WEI TECHNOLOGIES
Product: HUAWEI Mobile
Serial No.: ???????????????????
Now your Modem detected by the system. Type in the terminal
Create a new mobile broadband connection . Select Tata Photon Plus.
Connection NO : #777
Username : internet
Create connection and save.
Select the connection from Network Manager dropdown.
It will be connected automatically.
In My case the range of the device is not showing. Except that everything working perfect
Script to run the modeswitch command in boot
1.Open the gedit
2.Type the two commands which you want to run in two separate lines.
3.save the file with the extension .sh on the disk where ever you want and make this file as executable in the properties
4.Then right click on the desktop
5 Create launcher
6.Set type as Run in terminal
7.Give your desired name
8.Give the path of file with the extension .sh in the command box
Open the launcher…..
enter the password if required
You can change your icon in the properties of the new launcher file
Connect your device when ever required and click the new icon on the desktop
Hit the password…..
- Unlock ZTE and Huawei USB Modems (okaztle.wordpress.com)
- Mathieu Trudel: Hacking on usb-modeswitch, part 1 (cyphermox.net)
- How to Unlock Your Huawei USB Modem (okaztle.wordpress.com)
- unlock modem (aalin1.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu! Be Gone! (brighthub.com)
- Huawei USB modem torn apart, Huawei made modem found inside; traditional vendors should be terrified (intomobile.com)
- ZTE promises to make USB modems that connect to the network just 15 seconds after being plugged in (intomobile.com)
- Huawei E392: World’s first USB LTE modem capable of doing both FDD and TDD LTE [GSM/CDMA too!] (intomobile.com)
- Huawei Sonic at FCC Shows Support For North American Bands (pocketnow.com)
- Quick Tips: Unlock your Huawei USB Modem (attakusiadusei.wordpress.com)