Rendering times can be measured in milliseconds so the charts will not slow down your page. There’s a substantial section in the documentation about speeding up your pages. Many of these performance tips can also be applied to pages that don’t even use the canvas tag.
Open Source license
RGraph uses the MIT license – which is one of the most liberal of all the Open Source licenses. You’re completely entitled to use RGraph and/or make changes to it if you need to. Bundle it with your software or print it out and hand it out at music festivals – it’s up to you!
Support via the support forum is free and if you want to subscribe to the High Priority Support service it can be purchased. Help support the RGraph project – read more about the High Priority support service here.
All of the supported chart types can be used in conjunction with AJAX, JSON or both. There is specific functionality available to make working with these technologies easier. There are examples of both AJAX and JSON in the documentation and the download archive.
All of the charts support interactive features such as tooltips, CSS animations and visual effects, context menus, adjustability, zooming, annotation and custom events.
The RGraph drawing API allows you to add interactive elements to your charts such as rectangles, circles, polygons, images and extra axes. These allow you to customise your charts and add extra interactivity.
Fully documented and easy to use
The comprehensive RGraph documentation is both up-to-date and has plenty of easy-to-follow examples and simplified walk-thrus.
…to name a few. You can also combine different types of charts (see the examples for more).
All the charts and features are documented with examples and code that you can use. The HOWTO guides walk you through doing common tasks step-by-step with more example code.
The full source is included in the download and you’re free to make changes to suit your needs. The API is documented and there are several basic examples to help get you up and running.
- 20 Beautiful Visualization Libraries: Charts and Diagrams (onextrapixel.com)
- RGraph: Canvas based graphing library (ajaxian.com)
- The Undeniable Power of Financial Graphs (Yes, We Said Graphs) (mint.com)
- Robert Kaiser: Finding an Openly Licensed JS Graph Library (home.kairo.at)
- 40 Amazing Yet Free Visualization Libraries: Charts, Diagrams And Flowcharts (smashingapps.com)
- 30 High Quality Charts And Graphs For Webdevelopers To Download (designyourway.net)
- HTML5 Canvas Graphing Solutions Every Web Developers Must Know | Web Designer Aid (webdesigneraid.com)