The details of Tsunami @ Japan
Tsunami Magnitude – 8.8
Date – Friday March 11, 2011 @ 05:46:23 UTC
Location -38.322 N, 142.369 E
Depth – 24.4 Km (15.2 miles) set by location program
Region – Near the East Cost of Honshu, Japan
130 KM (80 Miles) East of Sendai, Honshu, Japan
178 KM (110 Miles) East of Yamagata, Honshu, Japan
178 KM (110 Miles) North East of Fukushima, Honshu, Japan
373 KM (231 Miles) North East of TOKYO, Japan
Location Uncertainity – Horizondal +/- 13.5 km, (8.4 miles); depth fixed by location program
Reactions on Twitter about Tsunami
Twitter reactions coming instant. The trending topics in twitter came to #prayforjapan, #tsunami, Tokyo Disneyland, Hurricane Katrina, Fukushima, NHK World . Less than an hour after the quake, with the country’s phone system knocked out, the number of tweets coming from Tokyo were topping 1,200 per minute, according to Tweet-o-Meter.
Twitter users shared the tsunami’s estimated times of arrival on U.S. shores — before an official government tsunami warning went into effect.
The wave was expected to hit Hawaii first, at roughly 3am local time.
Google’s official feed posted a link to the Japanese version of its People Finder. Google.com Home page issued Tsunami warning for New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, and others.
- 8.8 Earthquake in Japan! Upgraded to Massive Quake! Details! (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- 7.9 Earthquake Slams Into Japan! Breaking News! (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- 8.9 Earthquake Sends Massive Tsunami To Japan’s East Coast (queerty.com)
- Magnitude 6.3 earthquake off Honshu, Japan (ctv.ca)
- 8.9 Earthquake And Tsunami Hits Japan, Hawaii Tsunami Warning [UPDATED] (laist.com)
- Twitter Reacts To Massive Quake, Tsunami In Japan (mashable.com)
- VIDEO: Japan hit by tsunami after quake (bbc.co.uk)
- 8.9 quake strikes Japan, triggers tsunami (selvabalaji.wordpress.com)
- Japan Hit By 8.8 Magnitude Earthquake Today (getwititmagazine.com)