There are lot of Mac OS X transformation pack for Ubuntu 14.04 now. Here is a new theme called Zukimac to convert the Ubuntu 14.04 to a Mac OS X look desktop. There is another package for Gnome shell is also available with this theme. The theme consists of GTK+ theme, Unity theme, Gnome Shell theme etc. The theme, some mac wallpapers, a dock probably docky or cairo dock or unity dock itself will make your Ubuntu 14.04 look like Mac OS X.
Nautilus looks perfect in this makeover with all the mac features. You can choose Elementary Icon theme or Mac icon theme to complete the look.
So It is very easy to get a mac desktop. Change a theme, change icons and add a dock. It is a very quick Mac OS X transformation pack for Ubuntu 14.04 without any hassle.
Unity integration in this theme is perfect. Integrated and app menus looks just fine, and on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS launcher items are displayed without the rounded bounding box.
Download Zukimac theme for Ubuntu Linux
Zukimac is available for download from GNOME-Look and provides support for both GTK 3.10 and GTK 3.12. It does not include an icon theme or any assets copyrighted to Apple.
To install just download the theme extract the file and copy the file into /usr/share/themes or /usr/local/share/themes.
GTK2 ENGINES REQUIREMENT
– GTK2 engine Murrine 0.98.1.1 or later.
– GTK2 pixbuf engine or the gtk(2)-engines package.
yum install gtk-murrine-engine gtk2-engines
pacman -S gtk-engine-murrine gtk-engines
Mac OS X Like Icon Theme
Install the Icon theme, Mouse pointer theme on Ubuntu 14.04 . Run the commands on a terminal (press Ctrl+Alt+T).
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/themes sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mac-icons-v3
Now Open Unity Tweak Tool and select Themes section. On GTK themes section select Zukimac theme. On the Icons tab select Mbuntu-osx and on cursors tab select Mac-cursors.
Also You can use the Elementary icon theme or Faenza Icon Theme.
Download Mac OS X Lion Wallpapers
Here is the link to download the Mac OS X wallpapers. It will download a Zip of 39.2 MB. Extract it to your pictures folder.
- Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 14.04 LTS for Perfect Desktop (smashingweb.info)
- Popular Faience GTK / GNOME Shell Themes Updated For GNOME 3.10 [Ubuntu 14.04 PPA] (webupd8.org)
- Mac OS X Theme for Ubuntu 14.04 – Macbuntu Transformation Pack (smashingweb.info)
- Numix GTK Flat Theme Looks Amazing on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (news.softpedia.com)
- Get Your Ubuntu to Look like Mac OS X with a Simple Theme (news.softpedia.com)
- Ubuntu 14.04 Themes – Unity Themes, GTK Themes and Icon Themes (smashingweb.info)
- Installing Mac OS X features on Ubuntu 14.04 (linuxcommandss.wordpress.com)
- MATE Desktop Environment Will Be Available in Ubuntu 14.04 (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Install Gnome Classic (Fallback) On Ubuntu 14.04 (smashingweb.info)
- Mac OS X theme for Gnome – Adwaita OS X (smashingweb.info)