The popular distro Linux Mint based of Ubuntu will included Gnome 3.0 . The Upcoming released Linux Mint 11 will be based on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal will not use Unity by default. Well, as it turns out, Linux Mint 11 will move even further from Ubuntu and will ship with GNOME 3.0 by default, even though Ubuntu 11.04 will use Gnome 2.32.x.
- NO Unity – The Desktop Interface by Ubuntu
- No Gnome Shell – The Interface from Gnome
- No banshee- The default Music player will be Rythembox.
So Linux mint 11 will be the classic Gnome desktop and more people moving to Linux Mint. Linux Mint aims to be user friendly and to provide a more complete out-of-the-box experience by including support for DVD playback, Java, plug-ins and various media codecs.
And now we have 3 Branches of desktop interfaces in Gnome
- Gnome Shell – Fedora 15
- Unity with Compiz – Ubuntu 11.04
- Classic Gnome – Linux Mint 11
Will wait and see which will wins.
- Linux Mint 10 KDE released; Mint 11 based on Ubuntu 11.04, but no Unity (downloadsquad.switched.com)
- Linux Mint Debian LXDE (zerinsakech.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu 11.04 – Natty Narwhal Alpha 1 Released (pdxcoder.com)
- Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal will ship with 2D version of Unity for older and weaker computers (downloadsquad.switched.com)
- Ubuntu’s new Overlay scrollbars for 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) (chedean.com)
- Linux Mint: A Refreshingly Good Review (martinwebster.eu)
Can I be your editor in chief? Thanks...