At last end of 2011 the award winning editing software “Light Works” coming into linux. Editshare, the company owned lightworks currently announced a free downloadable beta version of lightworks 10 for windows platform earlier this year.
Lot of video editors are currently available but there is a lack of professional well experienced editor. We can use Novacut, cinellera, Openshot, PiTiVi for video editing puprpose in linux. Even blender can be used as a Non linear editing platform. But a well experienced awardwinning editor like lightworks is a must need for linux platform.
The source code of light works will be available in the third quarter of 2012.
New features of Light works
- Codec support: ProRes, Red R3D, DPX, XDCAM HD, IMX,
- New titling tool with keyframe-based animation, effects, live previews and GPU-accelerated rendering
- Shard Projects for multiple user editing/collaborating
- Extra export options including DVD, BluRay
- Stereoscopic workflow, with real-time adjustment edit and output
- Interoperability through support for AAF, OMF, EDL
- Improved workflow features
You can download lightworks for windows from the website www.lightworksbeta.com The latest beta version is 10.0.4
- Oscar-Winning Video Editor ‘Lightworks’ To Land On Linux In December (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- EditShare Reveals Phase Two of Lightworks Open Source Initiative at IBC (themactrack.com)
- EditShare Takes Next Step Toward Lightworks Open Source (prweb.com)
- Lightworks – Open Source Video Editing (edugeek.net)
- adobe + iridas = fcp dead (petersalvia.wordpress.com)
- EditShare Unveils its Forbidden Technology at IBC 2010 (prweb.com)
- Linux – The worst platform for video editing (allthatiswrong.wordpress.com)
- Links 9/9/2011: Bodhi Linux 1.2.0, VortexBox 1.10 (techrights.org)