Latest Updates in Skype 4.3
- much updated and polished user interface for skype 4.3. The update includes a revamped login window, main window, options screen etc. This update is a complete revamp of skype.
- new cloud-based Group Chat experience.
- more effective and reliable file transfer support when using multiple devices at once.
- greater accessibility by blind and visually impaired users.
- Direct support to PulseAudio 3.0 and 4.0.
- Lot of bug fixes and improvements in code.
Sign in screen elements are now placed on the centre. The ‘Microsoft Account’ sign in option is now presented with traditional login name option.
In the contact list a toolbar is appear on the top with the buttons to add contact, start a call or view recent history. The buttons are previously on the bottom.
Below the toolbar there is a search box, toggle-able account info bar for changing avatar, name, status or bringing up a list of recent activity, and a list of your contacts.
Skype 4.3 comes with better desktop integration. It uses native system notifications for alerts, messages etc. There is a nicefloating call monitor widget appears on screen during an active call to give a quick overview of the call time, mute button, web cam button, end call button.
This call monitor box can be dragged around and repositioned anywhere on the desktop (shows in the upper right by default).
Download Skype 4.3 for Ubuntu
Download Skype from skype.com website. For Ubuntu 14.04 download the “Ubuntu 12.04 (multiarch)” package.
Install Skype in Ubuntu 14.04
The Skype officially available on Ubuntu repositories are now not updated to the version 4.3. We can expect the update soon (cant tell the exact time frame).
sudo apt-get remove skype skype-bin:i386 skype:i386
sudo apt-get install sni-qt:i386
Then you’ll be able to install the Skype 4.3 deb downloaded from the Skype website.
enable native desktop notification isn’t easy to find on new skype and has to be enabled individually for each notification type manually.
In Skype 4.3 go to Skype > Options > Notifications, click on the notification you wish to see notify-OSD bubbles for and enable the box for desktop alerts.
- Skype 4.3 For Linux Released With Updated User Interface, Other Changes (webupd8.org)
- Skype 4.3 For Linux Released With Updated User Interface, Other Changes (digital-era.net)
- Skype for Linux 4.3 Ditches Alsa for PulseAudio (news.softpedia.com)
- Mac OS X theme for Ubuntu 14.04 – Zukimac for Complete Mac Look (smashingweb.info)
Hi there to all, the contents existing at this web page are genuinely awesome for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.|