Numix is a very popular theme and Icon Theme in Ubuntu linux. Numix project is recently working on a linux variant like Elementary OS. Numix Bluish is a variant of Original Numix Theme. Numix Bluish is a flat theme with Light and Dark Elements. it supports Gtk 2/Gtk 3, Xfce, Unity, Openbox, and it also works well in Gnome Shell/Gnome Classic/Mate. A good icon set like Numix or Moka Icon theme will make the theme vibrant in every desktop. Noobslab have a PPA to install this theme on Ubuntu 14.04.
Install Numix-Bluish theme in Ubuntu 14.04 or Linux Mint 16
To install the theme add the PPA to your system then update system and install the numix-bluish the commands are given below.
open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/themes sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install numix-bluish-theme
Install Numix Icon Set in Ubuntu 14.04
To install the Numix Circle icon set there is a PPA from Numix team. The commands to install the icon set is given below.
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:numix/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install numix-icon-theme-circle
The theme contains Folders icons, System Settings icons, Indicator icons, Symbolic icons, and a lot more. With so many supported app icons it is very vibrant and works seamlessly with Ubuntu.
- Numix GTK Flat Theme Looks Amazing on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (news.softpedia.com)
- The Numix-Circle Icon Pack Is Unique on Linux (news.softpedia.com)
- Numix-Circle Icon Pack for Ubuntu Is Simply Gorgeous (news.softpedia.com)
- New PPA For Numix GTK And Icon Themes, More (webupd8.org)
- Numix Is Going To Develop Its Own Linux Distribution (phoronix.com)