Google Chrome web browser is a great web brower with lot of google features integrate. The Omnibar, sync of google accounts etc are some great features. Google Chrome is based on the open source project called chromium. Chromium web browser is available in Ubuntu Software Center.
Google chrome is very fast and stable in ubuntu 11.10.
Installing Google Chrome on Ubuntu 11.10
First you want to download the debian package from the official website of google chrome
The package is nearly 30 MB for download.
Now, you can install it using Ubuntu Software Center or from terminal.
Open the terminal, Press CTRL+ALT+T
Move to the downloads directory where the package saved. If you downloaded to another location then just cd to that location.
There is a chance of getting any dependency error on executing the command. Then just go
sudo apt-get -f install
or install dependent libraries/programme manually by using the commands below.
sudo apt-get install libnspr4-0d sudo apt-get install libcurl3
That is all Just open google chrome.
- Install Google Chrome (mademan.com)
- 10 Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 11.10 (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- How To Install Google Chrome For Multiple User Accounts (ghacks.net)
- Windows Thinks Google Chrome Is A Virus, Removes It From Your Computer (MSFT) (businessinsider.com)
- Google Chrome Set to Pass Firefox, Despite Microsoft Deletions (searchenginewatch.com)