After a fresh installation of Ubuntu 11.10 Adobe flash player is a required plugin for web browsers. In Google chrome the flash player is integrated built in but in firefox and other web browsers it requre the flash player. You need flash player to play youtube videos, view flash content in various websites etc. The latest Adobe flash player 11 comes with lot of bug fixes and performance updates. Eventhough websites are started using HTML5 and flash content is getting rare in websites but for smooth browsing flash is required.
In Ubuntu 11.10 you can install flash player from Ubuntu Software Center.
Installing Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 11.10
Now, a new window will open for handling PT -links select Ubuntu Software Center to open using APT
Then click on install in Ubuntu Software Center and it will install flash player. Restart your web browser and you are Done. Simple.
- Adobe Flash 11 Released, Ready for Download (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Latest News: Adobe Releases Flash Player 11, AIR 3 (fastvideoindexer.com)
- 64-bit Adobe Flash Player added to Ubuntu repositories (h-online.com)
- 64bit Flash Now Available in Ubuntu Repos (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Adobe Flash Player 11 Offline Installer Link (techtimely.wordpress.com)
- Dreamy Ubuntu 11.10, the Oneiric Ocelot, slinks into view (arstechnica.com)