After long delays Fedora 18 Beta is released on 27th November 2012. This Beta is the last release before the final Fedora 18. Fedora 18 code named “Spherical Cow”. Fedora 18 brings the pure Gnome 3.6 implementation. Fedora 18 delayed several times before getting a beta. The Installer Ui and programme “Anaconda” is fully rewritten with Gnome HID guidelines. The bugs from the installation ui causes the skipping of schedule so many times.
Fedora 18 comes with Gnome 3.6, KDE 4.9 and also MATE is included with it. People are not conmfortable with gnome 3.6 and switch to MATE for their traditional environment.
Fedora 18 also has improvements aimed at developers and system administrators. For developers, Fedora updates programming languages to Perl 5.16 and Python 3.3, and the Rails framework to 3.2, while also updating the D and Haskell programming environments.
Download Fedora 18 Beta
Fedora 18 Install Media
Fedora Desktop Live Media
Fedora KDE Live Media
Fedora XFCE Live Media
Fedora LXDE Live Media
- Fedora Linux 18 beta finally released (zdnet.com)
- Two key features star in the new Fedora 18 beta (pcworld.com)
- Fedora 18 Beta finally released (linuxuser.co.uk)
- GNOME alternatives in Fedora 18 (nicubunu.blogspot.com)
- Fedora 18 on Its Way, Finally [OStatic] (ostatic.com)