What is new in Faenza 1.0 ?
The change log here…
- * New apps: preferences-desktop-wallpaper, SEtroubleshoot, system-switch-java, Fedora autoplus, Fedora-release-notes
- * New status icons: nm-device-wired-secure
- * Some reworked icons
- * A wide bunch of new symbolic icons for Gnome Shell
- * Better support for XFCE
- * All applications in 16×16
- * Fix some missing linksINSTALLATION:
Download the tar.gz file and extract it. In the new folder created, run the ./INSTALL script to choose the distribution logo (Ubuntu, by default) and the Gnome menu icon. If run as root, the script will copy the iconsets to /usr/share/icons to made them available to all users. Some default icons used by Rhythmbox and Dockmanager may be also replaced.
Run ./UNINSTALL as root to restore defaults icons.
Install on Ubuntu
- Just do the following in Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install faenza-icon-theme
This work is released under the GNU/GPL license. Sources san be downloaded here : [link]
- How to Install Gnome 3 In Ubuntu (maketecheasier.com)
- Bodhi.Zazen: A 5 minute guide to Fluxbox (bodhizazen.net)
- Gnome 3 shell themes (amit-agarwal.co.in)
- Gnome3: Changing the icon theme (arun.wordpress.com)
- Living with Fedora – A Debian/Ubuntu User’s Take on Fedora 15 (maketecheasier.com)
- Fedora 15 – Bringing You The Latest In Linux (makeuseof.com)
- Linus Torvalds would like to see a GNOME fork (zdnet.com)
- Ubuntu Mono Icons for The Hamster Time Tracking Indicator Applet (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- How to Disable Automatic Workspaces in Gnome 3 (And Other Shell Tweaks) (maketecheasier.com)