Tears of Steel, The fourth Short film from Blender is released on 26th September 2012. The online release of the film is on the website tearsofthesteel.org around 17h UTC, this Wednesday 26 September. A theatrical premiere will be on 28th September 2012 evening in Los Angeles – hosted by ASIFA-Hollywood.
As a result of the mango project Blender has now covers a full pipeline for vfx artists – starting with camera tracking and roto, all the way to color grading. An official release of the new Blender is expected early October 2012.
The DVD Box is now on sale. The fund for the project will be raised from DVD Box selling and Sponsors. There is lot more work is left for the next blender.
You can help Blender to realize this project by purchasing the DVD box edition of Project Mango in advance!
In the DVD box you will find:
- an NTSC and a PAL DVD with film and extras
- DVD-ROM with film in HD
- All studio data to recreate the film from scratch (CC-by)
- All software to recreate the film from scratch (GNU GPL)
- A lot of extras, like documentary, tutorials, documentation, raw footage, and so on.
Visit the mango.blender.org blog for more information about this project.
DVDs ready 12 October!
Note 1: we might do a USB-stick version too. This will be announced soon.
Note 2: the credit mention gets live updated on the Mango blog!
- Must Have Beauty Item: Beauty Blender (5min.com)
- Blender Foundations: The Essential Guide to Learning Blender 2.5 (16autumnnights.wordpress.com)
- Importing Blender/3ds Max/Other tool models in to custom OpenGLES 2.0 engine (stackoverflow.com)