- rotate a set of wallpapers automatically / manually, Keyborad shortcuts are supported
- multi-monitor support – for instance, it can span a single wallpaper over multiple monitors;
- synchronize wallpaper between desktops;
- configurable wallpaper change interval / time of day;
- supports special effects for the wallpapers (blur, sharpen, desaturate, glow and so on);
- several resizing methods and background filling;
- available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X;
- should work with most Linux desktop environments: KDE 3/4, GNOME / GNOME 3 (includes Unity), Xfce, LXDE, Enlightenment, Openbox, Fluxbox, IceWM, Blackbox, WindowMaker and FVWM
SyncWall cannot support Cinnamon DE and MATE DE now. Waiting for new update of syncwall with these DE support.
SyncWall can automatically deted the DE. Sometimes it may fail, user can manually select the DE to fix this problem. Select the Desktop Environment in SyncWall pereferences on the startup tab. For Ubuntu Unity DE Select Gnome 3
Install SyncWall in Ubuntu
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install syncwall
For other Linux distributions, Windows and Mac OS X, see the SyncWall downloads page.