Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin released after six months of development. ubuntu.com says it “Proven. Practical. Precise.” You can just go ubuntu.com and download now. 12.04 is a LTS (Long Term Support) release so if you wanted a stable version of Ubuntu with longer support then you can choose Ubuntu 12.04 without any fear of end of updates or pending bugs etc…
New featues of Ubuntu 12.04 is less. They focused on stability and sqashing out of bugs. But new features like HUD (Head Up Display). It also added a very decent support to multiple monitor displays.
The new version of Ubuntu has a lot of changes and new features – specially in terms of performance and Unity has also improved a lot. Gnome shell interface has improved but if you want KDE or Xfce or something else, no problem. The default desktop may be unity but you can use whatever you want.
Further more, Ubuntu Software Center has received Unity integration and is a lot more stable and reliable. There’s also a new Qt interface for Ubuntu One, integrated privacy controls in the System Settings so you can choose what shows up in Dash.
Ubuntu 12.04 Video
Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity 2D
Ubuntu 12.04 Handbook
Download Ubuntu 12.04 Handbook for beginners prepared by Muktware team.
Ubuntu 12.04 Default applications
Ubuntu 12.04 uses Unity 3D (with Compiz) as the default desktop interface on top of GNOME 3.4, with Unity 2D (Qt) as the fallback interface. If you dont like unity you can always try the GNOME Shell 3.4.1 or KDE 4.8 or Cinnamon 1.4. All are there in the repositories so you can easily install them using Ubuntu Software Center.
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin comes with: Firefox 11.0, Thunderbird 11.0.1, Nautilus 3.4.1, Gedit 3.4.1, Ubuntu Software Center 5.2, Deja Dup Backup Tool 22.0, LibreOffice 3.5.2, Shotwell 0.12.2, Rhythmbox 2.96, Totem 3.0.1, Empathy 3.4.1, Transmission 2.51, Gwibber 3.4.0, GNOME Control Center (System Settings) 3.4.1, Unity 5.10 and GTK 3.4.1.
The Kernel is 3.2.0-23.36 which is based on the v3.2.14 upstream stable Linux kernel and Xorg server 1.11.4.
Upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
And then run the following command:
Download Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
If you’re new to Ubuntu, take the tour before installing it!
The desktop CD allows you to try Ubuntu without changing your current operating system at all, and you have the option to install it permanently.
Alternate install CD
The alternate install CD allows you to perform certain specialist installations of Ubuntu. It provides for the following situations:
- setting up automated deployments;
- upgrading from older installations without network access;
- LVM and/or RAID partitioning;
- installs on systems with less than about 384MiB of RAM (although note that low-memory systems may not be able to run a full desktop environment reasonably).
- Ubuntu 12.04 released, first LTS with Unity, debut of HUD (linuxuser.co.uk)
- Ubuntu 12.04 Released (webupd8.org)
- Install Flash Player on Ubuntu 12.04 (smashingweb.ge6.org)
- Ubuntu 12.04 ‘Precise Pangolin’ Released, Changes and Screenshot Tour (ubuntuvibes.com)
- Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 12.04 ‘Precise Pangolin’ (ubuntuvibes.com)
- An overview of upcoming Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) (linuxstall.com)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin (Desktop) Beta 1 Review: Part1 (gnulinuxmonthly.net)
- The New Wallpapers of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (news.softpedia.com)
- Precise Pangolin is to be released today (sandeepbhalla.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu 12.04 Released (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Edubuntu: Edubuntu 12.04 LTS Release Announcement (edubuntu.org)
- 7 new features in Ubuntu 12.04 ‘Precise Pangolin’ beta 1 (infoworld.com)
- The Most Popular Linux Stories Of Q1’2012 (phoronix.com)
- A Précis for Precise (canonical.com)
- On Old Hardware, Think Twice About Ubuntu 12.04 (phoronix.com)
- Ubuntu 12.04 Still Trying For 64-bit By Default (phoronix.com)
- Ubuntu 12.04 Desktops Impact Performance, Power Consumption (phoronix.com)
- 4 Configuration Tools for Customizing Ubuntu 12.04 (ubuntuvibes.com)
ubuntu 12 10 skype, unity web player ubuntu 12 04, ubuntu 12 04 android, install compiz di ubuntu 12 04, install skype ubuntu 12 10,