Infinite-Social-Wall is a PHP Mysql Webscript for displaying social activity in an infinite scrolling website with Pinterest like interface. It can render the content from various RSS feeds. It supports various social networking sites like Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, Github and more.
The awesome Isotope plugin creates the layout of the website and the Infinitely scrolling feature that will load more content at the end of the website.
Infinite Social Wall uses the MySql for storing the stories which are parsed from the feed. This will be a good starting frame work for creating a self updating website with infinite scroll.
Officially Supported Networks (Icons/Styles included)
- Google Plus
Infinite Social Wall utilizes the following libraries:
- Isotope – Free for non-commercial and personal applications (details…)
- Infinite-Scroll – MIT License
- jQuery – MIT License
- SimplePie – BSD License
- jquery-timeago – MIT License
- html5shiv – MIT License
- css3 transition detection – Unknown
Icons are from icondock which were released under the “Free to use for whatever purposes” license.
Demo of Infinite Social Wall – philipbjorge.com.
- Tutorial: Get a tiled layout with jQuery plugins (webdev360.com)
- How To Clone Pinterest: Pinboard (wpjedi.com)
- Pinterest vs Pinspire – Social Barrel (socialbarrel.com)
- jQuery Roundup: Knob, OmniWindow, bPopup, Pageflipper, Tiler (dailyjs.com)
- Pinterest Growth Hacks: How did it grow so fast? (adambreckler.com)
- 4 Timeline Apps to Add Pinterest to Your Facebook Page (wchingya.com)
jquery social stream, css for infinite scrolling like pinterest,