The New libreoffice version 4 released now. The document foundation said in the official announcement “first release that reflects the objectives set by the community at the time of the announcement, in September 2010: a cleaner and leaner code base, an improved set of features, better interoperability, and a more diverse and inclusive ecosystem“.
- Import Microsoft Pubisher Documents
- Integrations with a number of document management systems like Alfresco, IBM FileNet P8, Microsoft Sharepoint 2010, Nuxeo, OpenText etc..
- Different Header and Footer in Writer for First page.
- Linux: GStreamer 1.0 support, and refactor existing Gstreamer code;
- A Brand New templates manager
- Widget Layouts in windows
- PDF Import, Presenter Console, Python Scripting are in the Core
- Gstreamer 1.0 support
- Improved performance for loading and saving documents
Libreoffice 4 now support for Firefox Themes (Personas) . So you can customize the look of Libreoffice with firefox themes.
LibreOffice Impress – Android App
Control Impress presentations from Android Phone. The app is now only supports a limited number of Linux distributions but in the second release which will be coming soon, all platforms should be supported: Windows, Mac OS X and all Linux distributions:
Download LibreOffice Impress Remote Android App from the Google Play Store.
For a complete list of changes in LibreOffice 4.0, see THIS page.
The Stable PPA for Ubuntu is coming Soon. For early look you want to unistall the current Libreoffice and Download the deb files from libreoffice.org and install.
Remove Current Libreoffice
sudo apt-get purge libreoffice*
sudo dpkg -i /path/to/libreoffice/DEBS/*.deb
There is experimental support for GTK3. In Ubuntu, install it with:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-gtk3
- LibreOffice 4.0 Available For Download (webupd8.org)
- Jhosman Lizarazo: How to Install #LibreOffice4 in #Ubuntu (jhosman.com)
- LibreOffice Hits 4.0, Adds Unity Integration & ‘Persona’ Theming (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- LibreOffice 4: A new, better open-source office suite (zdnet.com)
- Six good reasons to download LibreOffice 4.0 (pcworld.com)
- The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 4.0 (documentfoundation.org)
- LibreOffice 4.0.0 Finally Out, Gets Better Unity Integration and Microsoft Publisher Support (news.softpedia.com)