The Libreoffice 3.3 Released it is the fork of popular openoffice 3.3. Lot of features and addons enabled on libreoffice 3.3. The Projects Oxygenoffice, Plugins to openoffice and Go-oo, a fork project of openoffice are merged into libreoffice. And it is now the default package for coming Ubuntu 11.04 and Fedora 15.
New features includes
- Import and work with SVG files
- Easy way to format title pages and their numbering in Writer
- Improved Navigator Tool for Writer
- Improved ergonomics in Calc for sheet and cell management
- Microsoft Works and Lotus Word Pro document import filters.
A detailed description of new features in LibreOffice 3.3 can be found at libreoffice.org/download/new-features-and-fixes.
Install Libreoffice on Ubutu
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install libreoffice
Install Libreoffice on Fedora
No official repo for fedora now. But you can download the whole package of rpms from libreoffice.org.
Just uninstall your old openoffice 3.3 or 3.2 and install the rpms .
So Libreoffice will be the greatest office suite for the whole linux platform.
- LibreOffice 3.3 Released (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Ubuntu opts for LibreOffice over Oracle’s OpenOffice (zdnet.com)
- Ubuntu Ditches OpenOffice For LibreOffice (informationweek.com)
- LibreOffice suite makes its debut (news.cnet.com)
- OpenOffice.org offshoot LibreOffice debuts (news.cnet.com)
- Libre Office 3.3 released today (i-programmer.info)
- LibreOffice Finally Lands As Default In Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narhwal (techie-buzz.com)
- The Document Foundation Unleashes First LibreOffice Release (ostatic.com)