You can highlight a part of an image and you can put a description like drawing a squre over a face and put the name of the person in photo.
Using the plugin, any image map can be highlighted, selected (single or multiple areas) and manipulated in all kinds of ways.
There are many built-in functions provided like the ability to change the color-opacity or borders of the image map once it is selected. Or you can add a fade effect to them.
Tooltip support makes displaying user-friendly information possible while interacting with the image maps.
There are advanced functions like grouping areas to force the items to behave together (areas can be belong to more than one groups)
And, image map data can be automatically scaled to match the display size of an image or it can be resized to any defined dimensions (which is good for responsive designs).
Website of Imagemapster: http://www.outsharked.com/imagemapster/
- Enhance your Website Images with Rich Tooltips (labnol.org)
- jQuery Popups (mws580.wordpress.com)
- Enhance your Website Images with Rich Tooltips (apparichith.wordpress.com)
- Top 5 WebDev Enhancing JQuery Scripts (skytechgeek.com)
- 10 interesting jQuery plugins (august 2011) – Script Tutorials (script-tutorials.com)
- Elastislide – A Responsive jQuery Carousel Plugin (tympanus.net)
- wayfinding – jQuery Wayfinding Plugin – Google Project Hosting (code.google.com)
- 21 Beautiful jQuery Sliders for your next Project (machoarts.com)
- 17 Examples of Time Saving jQuery Code & Tutorials (skyje.com)
- 11 jQuery Plugins That Can Enhance Your Typography (sixrevisions.com)