Firefox is the worlds second popular browser. And it is one of the most featured browser with HTML5 and CSS3 support. and it continues to gain popularity and market share. Here are some firefox keyborad shortcuts to increase your daily browsing speed and find things more quickly.
These shortcuts are based on common keyborad shortcuts like Ctrl+c for copy etc… easy to follow easy to remember and best results in short time.
Page Navigation Shortcuts
Single keystroke page navigation. Needed today because long webpages are more in todays internet.
- Spacebar — Page down one full screen at a time
- Shift – Spacebar — Page up one full screen at a time
- Down Arrow – Scroll down
- Page Down — Page down one full screen at a time
- Up Arrow – Scroll Up
- Page Up — Page up one full screen at a time
- End – Go to the Bottom (end) of the page
- Home – Go to the Top of page
Pages, Tabs and Bookmarks
These useful shortcuts help you quickly perform different common tasks within Firefox, manage Tabs and access bookmarks.
- F5 — Reload the current page
- Alt + Home — Go to home page
- Ctrl + L — Go to the Address bar
- Ctrl + K — Go to the search box
- Ctrl + = — Increase the text size, zoom in
- Ctrl + – — Decrease the text size, zoom out
- Ctrl + P — Print the current page
- Ctrl + H — Opens the Browsing History in a column on the left
- Ctrl + T — Open a new tab
- Ctrl + W — Close current tab
- Ctrl + Tab — rotate forward to the next tab
- Ctrl + Shft + Tab — rotate back to the previous tab
- Ctrl + 1-9 — Choose a number to jump to that specific tab
- Ctrl + B — Open Bookmarks Column on Left
- Ctrl + I — Close Bookmarks Column
- Ctrl + D – Create a bookmark for the current page
Here are six mouse-related shortcuts for when you already have your hand on the mouse. These shortcuts include the scroll wheel and utilize the clicking function (middle click) of the scroll wheel.
- Shift – scroll down – Go to the previous page
- Shift – scroll up – Go to the next page
- Ctrl – scroll up — Decrease the text size, zoom out
- Ctrl – scroll down — Increase text size, zoom in
- Middle click on link — Open the link in a new tab
- Middle click on a tab — Close the tab