Dream Studio is a GNU/Linux Distro builded upon latest Ubuntu 12.04. Dream studio includes all the applications needed for professional video editing, professional graphics and Audio works. The distro aiming graphic designers, music composers and video editors. Another great distro other than Ubuntu Studio.
Dream studio can be installed on the sytem, works from DVD or can be installed on a USB Drive. All the ubuntu support will get to dream studio also.
Tools on Dream Studio
- Cinelerra – Video Editor – a powerful non-linear video editor. Cinelerra contains more than 30 visual effects like motion tracking and chromakey, and supports both keyframing and nested sequences.
- Ardour – Digital Audio Workstation – a professional digital audio workstation. Ardour features unlimited tracks, unlimited undo, and routing to and from any sound source. Ardour comes with support for many different plugin formats, and Dream Studio’s version comes with close to 200 plugins/effects including pitch correction, triggers, compression, eq, reverb, and more. Dream Studio also supports VST plugins.
- Blender – 3D Graphics Application – a free 3D graphics application, that can be used for modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, water and smoke simulations, skinning, animating, rendering, particle and other simulations, non-linear editing, compositing, and creating interactive 3D applications, including video games, animated film, or visual effects.
- Inkscape – Vector Graphics Editor – vector graphics editor, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format. Inkscape supports many advanced SVG features (markers, clones, alpha blending, etc.) and great care is taken in designing a streamlined interface. It is very easy to edit nodes, perform complex path operations, trace bitmaps and much more.
- Scribus – Desktop Publishing Application – professional page layout, with a combination of “press-ready” output and new approaches to page layout. Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, Spot Colors, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation.
- Darktable – Photography Workflow Application – a virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers. it manages your digital negatives in a database and lets you view them through a zoomable lighttable. it also enables you to develop raw images and enhance them.
- Gimp – Image Manipulation Program – primarily employed as an image retouching and editing tool. In addition to free-form drawing, GIMP can accomplish essential image work-flow steps such as resizing, editing, and cropping photos, combining multiple images, and converting between different image formats. GIMP can also be used to create basic animated images in the gif format.
- Kompozer – Web Authoring System – a webdesigning WYSIWYG application based on Mozilla Firefox.
- Bombono – DVD Authoring Application – a DVD authoring program Brasero – a CD/DVD burning application
- Brasero – DVD Burning Application
- Hydrogen – Drum Machine
- QSampler – Sampler Tool
- SooperLooper – Sampler Tool
- Bristol – Software Synthesizer
- ZynAddSubFX – Software Synthesizer
- JAMin – Audio Mastering Suite
- WinFF – Video Conversion Tool
- SoundConverter – Sound Conversion Tool
This is a great distro based on Ubuntu 12.04 for working in studio grade appliacations. All the other general desktop tools like Libre office, Firefox, Tomboy, Thunderbird will also coming with Dream Studio.
- Making Music on Linux; It’s A Thing (mylinuxrig.com)
- Putting Ubuntu Studio on a Mac Book Pro (anthonyvenable110.wordpress.com)
- The Top 7 Best Linux Distributions for You (redhatlinux4u.wordpress.com)
- 2011 Best Linux Distributions For Your Computer (redhatlinux4u.wordpress.com)
- Nonfree DRM’d Games on GNU/Linux: Good or Bad? (gnu.org)
- The Top 10 Linux Server Distributions (redhatlinux4u.wordpress.com)